Green is not just a color; it’s the way we do business. At Herron Printing & Graphics, we take environmental conservation seriously. We’re here to ensure that your job is delivered on time and on budget the green way.
Contact us online or give us a call at 240-406-4083 today for green printing services in Maryland, Washington, DC, and Virginia.
The Benefits of Green Printing
The benefits of going green are abundant. By choosing Herron Printing, you’re sending a powerful message to your clients that you are doing your part to protect the environment. Our 100% wind-powered business helps promote clean air and the conservation of energy, trees, and water. We use only vegetable-based inks and offer a large variety of recycled papers. These methods reduce landfill waste and our carbon footprint, all while reducing costs passed on to you, the consumer.
Our Green Printing Methods
We are proud of our commitment to the earth, and as the Mid-Atlantic’s first Green-E Certified printer, we are continually striving for new and innovative ways to uphold that distinction. For this reason, we participate in an extensive recycling program and ensure that all of our printing is entirely water- and chemical-free. Even our delivery routes are designed as efficiently as possible, with the environmental impact in mind.
At Herron Printing & Graphics, our green printing methods include the following:
- We proudly power our operation with 100 percent wind energy operation. Although the energy cost is higher than energy produced with carbon-based fuels, it is a step toward reducing dependence on petroleum.
- Virtually 100 percent of our paper purchases are from paper companies that harvest trees from decades-old tree farms specifically planted, harvested, and replanted to provide an ongoing source of non-public paper pulp.
- We recycle tons and tons of paper every month. Frankly, it is a lot of work and effort, but we believe it to be a very valuable endeavor.
- We use recycled papers whenever possible, and encourage others to do the same. All of our house sheets are at least 10 percent recycled content.
- We use inks and toners that are recyclable.
- We use chemicals and solvents that are almost 100 percent water-soluble, bio-degradable, and recyclable. They may be more expensive, but we consider them a wise investment.
- We have implemented programs to reduce our electrical consumption and to minimize the usage of all raw materials.
Schedule Green Printing in Maryland, Washington, DC, or Virginia
We are very proud of the progress we have been able to make at Herron Printing toward this end. If you have suggestions about how we could further our environmental impact, please call us with your ideas.
Herron Printing & Graphics is the smart choice, not just for you but for the environment. Contact us online or give us a call at 240-406-4083 today for green printing in Maryland, Washington, DC, or Virginia.
Trees for the Future
Trees for the Future is dedicated to planting trees with rural communities in the developing world, enabling them to restore their environment, grow more food, and build a sustainable future.
Herron Printing & Graphics plants a tree for every job we print not matter the size. So far we have planted well over 50,000 trees. http://trees.org/donate/