Providing Printing Services in Rockville, Baltimore, Bethesda, Silver Spring & the Surrounding Areas
Drowning in paper? Want to get your important documents digitized? Get them scanned at Herron Printing. We can scan and save your black-and-white or full-color documents—in high-resolution!
Contact us about your scanning needs.
Why Should I Scan My Documents?
Even if your important documentation and critical paperwork is neatly filed away, it’s a good idea to have digital duplicates.
Scanning your documents creates digital backups of your critical paper records, making them easy to access and organize. Digital documents are also easier to share.
Documents and records you may want to scan include:
- Tax returns and tax documents (The IRS recommends saving physical documents for three years; check with your tax professional.)
- Annual investment statements
- Pension documents
- Social Security statements
- Birth certificates
- Family records
- Bank statements
- Kids’ artwork and schoolwork
- Magazine articles
- Newspaper articles
- Meeting notes
- Copies of your work or creative output
How Does Scanning Work?
Our flatbed scanner optically scans images and text on documents of all kinds, creating high-resolution digital versions. You can choose to have your items scanned in black and white or full color.
You can save the files on CDs, hard drives, or via whatever digital means you wish. We recommend that you back up these files for security.
Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Scanning
Optical Character Recognition (OCR) scanning is a way of digitizing printed or handwritten texts so that you can search, edit, and display them easily. Contact us to find out if OCR scanning is right for your project.
Benefits of Scanning or Document Imaging
Aside from security and peace of mind, there are many advantages to scanning your important files and papers.
- Your documents will be easier to find. Having each digital file named and put in the appropriate folder means you’ll never need to frantically search through your file cabinet (or piles of papers!) again.
- You’ll save space. Digitizing your documents means you’ll be able to get rid of lots of paperwork, freeing up room in your home or office and keeping you more organized.
- You’ll be able to share and transport your documents more easily. Do you have a lot of family history records that you’d like to be able to share with other family members? Sending out digital copies means everyone can access the information while the originals stay in one place. Scanned documents also can be readily available while you’re traveling.
- Your fragile or old documents will be safe. Scanning historical documents or old papers that are at risk of being damaged means that you’ll be able to retrieve their information while keeping the delicate originals from being handled.
Why Choose Herron Printing for Document Scanning?
If you need to turn a physical document into a digital file, we can make it happen. Our scanning services allow for black and white or full color documents to be scanned and saved in high resolution.
At Herron, we will treat your records and documents with care. Our technical staff undergoes in-depth training on all of our equipment, while our customer service team makes sure you have an outstanding experience. We strive to be the preferred printing and digital firm in the Maryland, Virginia, and D.C. area.
Call us today to get started!